Managing Director, Portfolio Manager - CLO & Loan Trading
Office Location: Chicago
Joined the team: 2007
- University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business, B.B.A.
- Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, M.B.A.
- Morgan Stanley Investment Management, Van Kampen Asset Management Group, Vice President
- Dymas Capital, Assistant Vice President
- Heller Financial, Associate
- The M&A Advisors “40 Under 40” Award Recipient, 2015
- Commercial Finance Association
Hometown: Chicago, IL
Favorite Food: Ribs
Favorite Movie: The Natural
Mr. VanDerMeid is a Managing Director and Portfolio Manager of Monroe Capital. He is responsible for managing the CLO portfolios and executing buy side transactions. He joined the firm in 2007 and is a member of Monroe’s Investment Committee. Mr. VanDerMeid has over 20 years of credit, lending and corporate finance experience. Prior to joining Monroe, Vice President for Morgan Stanley Investment Management in the Van Kampen Asset Management Group, where he managed a portfolio of bank loans and also led the firm’s initiative to increase its presence with middle market lenders and private equity firms. Prior to Morgan Stanley, Mr. VanDerMeid worked for Dymas Capital and Heller Financial where he originated, underwrote, and managed various middle-market debt transactions. Mr. VanDerMeid earned his M.B.A. from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Business and his B.B.A. from the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business. Mr.VanDerMeid is a member of the Commercial Finance Association and the Turnaround Management Association.